Christ Church was started in 1855 in the town of Randolph. Services were held in local homes for about the first 34 years. In 1889, after a series of meetings, it was decided to construct a church building in Randolph. Pledges were made by those founding families and money was collected and the new church became a reality! The congregation was served well in Randolph for over 100 years.
By 1998 it became apparent to many members that if our congregation was going to continue into the next century, there were structural changes that would need to be made. The next three years were filled with many building committee meetings for planning, designing, pledging, re-designing,and much praying. In 2001, our current 8.5 acres of land at the intersection of Gaylord Avenue and County Road 88 was purchased and our existing structure was built. Many in the congregation spent their time hammering, laying brick, painting, staining, shingling and landscaping to bring this place of worship together.
Julie Disch was a member of that 1998 building committee and is still a member of our church today. She remembers when her two girls and the two children of the pastor were the only four kids on a typical Sunday at Christ Church. We now have dozens of children having fun and learning about Jesus as they attend the ministries of our church. As it says in Proverbs 22:6, we are raising the children up in the way that they should go so that even when they are old they won’t depart from it!
The people of Christ Church have always been, and continue to be, committed to helping meet the needs of the less fortunate in our surrounding communities.